Rates and Fees
- It is PixoLabo’s policy to provide services on a flat-fee basis as much as possible.
- Website hosting and maintenance services, as well as website optimization, search engine optimization, and e-commerce support services are billed a regular fee depending on the scope of work provided. Service contracts range from 90 days to 12 months in duration.
- For services billed hourly PixoLabo charges a fee of $ 95.00 to $ 175.00 / hour depending on the service provided.
- Clients under a service contract, including website hosting, are eligible for a reduced hourly rate depending on the work requested.
- PixoLabo reserves the right to charge a rush fee of 50% to 100% for any project to be completed in less than our standard turnaround time.
Terms of Service
- PixoLabo requires a deposit to start any project: Projects costing $1,000 or less need to be prepaid in full Projects over $1,000 require a deposit of 50%, with a 30% payment due upon design completion, and the 20% balance before website launch.
- To keep all projects current PixoLabo reserves the right to invoice clients monthly for work performed if their project takes longer than 30 days to complete.
- It is our policy to provide all clients with a written proposal and contract for review and acceptance. It is the client’s responsibility to review the proposal and contract and request any changes or additions in writing or via email before an estimate becomes final.
- If a project gets canceled by the client after accepting our estimate and contract the client will be responsible for a cancellation fee equal to 30% of the total project value, plus any billable hours to date.
- Depending on the nature of a project the client will be given a timeline for providing required deliverables, such as content, images, logos, etc. If the client falls behind the provided timeline we will work with the client as much as possible to get back on track. However, if the client falls more than 15 days behind PixoLabo reserves the right to suspend the project and bill the client for all billable hours to date. If a project falls more than 30 days behind PixoLabo reserves the right to terminate the project and bill the client for the entire project balance.
- Clients who had their projects suspended or terminated must pay any outstanding balance plus any applicable charges to commence their project before PixoLabo continues any work on their project.
- Payment is due upon receipt. Invoices are emailed on the 1st of the month to the billing address or email on file for your account. Invoices for services other than hosting, website maintenance, and search engine optimization are issued according to contract guidelines or upon completion of the work requested.
- PixoLabo offers a ten (10) day grace period to submit payment for clients in good standing.
- Existing clients in good standing may qualify for a credit account. If you would like to inquire about establishing a credit account for your company please contact our accounting department at [email protected].
- All invoices are subject to a 10% consumption tax as required by law.
- PixoLabo issues monthly hosting, maintenance, and contract invoices via Invoice Ninja, and accepts payments by credit card through Stripe. Please note that as of November 1, 2016, we no longer accept payment via PayPal.
- All online payments will include a 5% service charge.
- Please note that as of September 1, 2016, we no longer accept payment by Check.
- Please note that as of January 1, 2019, we no longer accept payment by Mail.
- Please note that it is the client’s responsibility to submit payments in a timely fashion so they are processed on or before the due date. Bank transfers and Stripe payments can take 5 to 15 business days.
- Clients unable to make payments by the due date must inform PixoLabo by emailing [email protected] at least 10 days before payment is due. PixoLabo will work with the client to determine a new payment schedule. The client will be responsible for applicable interest charges, but PixoLabo may waive any late fees.
- Hosting and monthly service fees are due in advance of the service dates.
- Hosting payments not received by the due date, at PixoLabo’s discretion, may be subject to service and/or account disconnect on the 25th of the month and a 15% late fee. Disconnected accounts are subject to a re-connection fee of $75. Disconnect does not relieve the customer of responsibility to remit payment, nor does it constitute a request for service termination (see below).
- PixoLabo retains ownership of all programming, design, graphics, photography, content, development, and other services until payment is received in full.
- PixoLabo reserves the right to immediately disconnect any account and withhold materials and files until the balance is paid in full.
- Payments received after the due date are subject to a 15% late fee and may incur a 1.5% interest charge per month.
Termination of Service
- All requests for service contract termination must be received in writing to the address above no less than 30 days prior to the date of termination.
- You can also email requests for service termination to [email protected].
- Clients who wish to move their website from our servers to a third-party hosting account must provide full access to their new hosting account no less than 15 days prior to service termination.
- PixoLabo reserves the right to charge a website migration fee of $500.00, payable in full before any website will be migrated.
- Clients terminating website maintenance contracts may request the final backup files made on the day of termination via email or Dropbox. Clients requiring final backup files on CD via mail will be charged a $125.00 processing and shipping fee.